Growing your following on social media is a challenging task that requires a lot of patience because it takes time to establish a level of awareness and credibility that makes people want to engage with your page. And, it’s even more challenging if you don’t know where to start. That’s why we’re sharing three tips social media managers use to help boost followers across each platform.
1. Organic Growth
Contrary to what many people believe, you don’t have to spend money to gain a healthy number of followers on social media. Here’s what you can do to grow your page “organically”:
- Actively engage with people and accounts that you identify as potential followers by liking their content, commenting on their posts, and following them in hopes they’ll follow you back
- Include hashtags on all of your posts that are relevant to your target audience to broaden the reach of your post, showing it to people outside your audience
2. Paid Growth
The fastest way to grow your followers is through paid growth. Here are a few ways that can be accomplished:
- Run paid or sponsored ads to show your post or page to a large, targeted audience in hopes that they’ll follow you
- Employ third-party apps to identify potential followers or encourage accounts to follow your page
(Note: be wary of social media scams that encourage bots or unreputable accounts to follow your page. This could diminish the credibility of your account.)
- Create a contest that offers an incentive for those that follow your page.
(Note: read each social platform’s policies regarding contests to make sure you’re operating within their guidelines. Certain information may be required to disclose to satisfy the law.)
3. Market Off the Platform
Take advantage of the audience and customer base you already have by encouraging them to follow you on social. This can be accomplished through:
- Email marketing
- Word of mouth
- Including social icons on your website that link to each page
- Creating a flyer for awareness
For more information about how these three tactics can be used to help you grow your social media following, contact us at 817-870-2717 or email us at email@example.com.