Giveaways are one of the best ways to increase your visibility on social. Everyone loves free stuff. However, planning can be a harder task. We’re here to help ensure you take the right steps to make your next giveaway great.
What’s the Objective?
The first step is to determine what results you are hoping will come from the giveaway. The three main areas to look at are:
- Follower Growth
- Increase in Engagement
- Brand Awareness
Determine what is right for you and will best fit your social needs.
What is your Prize?
What are you going to give away? There are two important aspects of a giveaway that you should consider here. The first being that you give away something of value, something that people actually want. Next, include a prize that ties into your brand. For example, if you’re a tech company give away a nice bluetooth speaker with your logo on it. The important thing is to make the item both attractive and brandable.
Draft a Plan
Now it’s time to draft a plan. There are a few important ideas to consider.
- Platform: Decide what platforms are best to run your giveaway on.
- Timeline: Next, you must determine how long the giveaway should run. Be sure to include this in the caption, so your audience is aware.
- Rules: What must your audience do to enter the contest. Like and share? This should be based completely on the three objectives we listed above.
- Determination: How are you going to pick the winner? Will it be a random drawing? Make this clear in the caption as well.
- Announcement: How are you going to announce the winner? Will you do it on all platforms? How many winners are you going to have? Either way this should be a big deal on your platforms. Post the winner everywhere.
Follow the Rules
Lastly, follow the rules. This post would be a loss if we didn’t mention that each platform has rules you must follow to run giveaways. The rules of each platform are linked below:
At Kearley & Company, we run your social media so that you can focus on your core business. Remember, we’re here to help! We are just a phone call, email, or text away. Our team is ready to assist you with your 2021 plan and streamlining your everyday marketing.