Watermelon Roll Margaritas – Serving the Block!
by Denise Dyer
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup sea salt, for rimming
- 3 teaspoon chili powder, for rimming
- 1 small seedless watermelon with a flat spot cut on the bottom and a 4” circle cut in the top large enough for your serving ladle
Use a Melon Baller or Large spoon to remove about 3 cups of Melon so you will have it for garnishing later. And most importantly, make room for all the booze that is being added to the melon.
Now add the next three ingredients to the watermelon and stir, stir, stir:
- 8 ounces silver Camarena tequila (Or Blanco tequila of Choice)
- 8 ounces triple sec or Cointreau orange Liqueur for Top Shelf version
- 8 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, from 1 large lime
If a smoother texture is desired, ladle the margaritas into a mesh strainer over a pitcher to fine-strain.
- Ladle margarita into salt-rimmed glasses
- Garnish with Watermelon wedges and lime wedges
Single Serving Watermelon Margaritas
- 1/4 cup sea salt, for rimming
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, for rimming
- 1 cup watermelon cubes
- 2 ounces reposado tequila (or blanco)
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, from 1 large lime
- Watermelon wedges, garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish (If desired, rim two double high-ball glasses)
Mix the salt and chili powder in a shallow dish, wet the rim by wiping it with a lime wedge, then dip or roll it into the chili salt. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the watermelon cubes into a juicy pulp, then fill the shaker with ice and add the tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Shake well and use a cocktail strainer and a mesh strainer to fine-strain the drink over fresh ice into the prepared glasses.
Garnish with watermelon and lime wedges and enjoy!
We’re here for you. Kearley & Company is just a phone call, email, or text away. We assist organizations of all sizes by developing marketing and communications strategies that work. Our team can help bring new ideas to the table while helping ensure your plan is on track to deliver results.