by Denise Dyer
You will need a candy thermometer and a metal cookie sheet that flexible for this recipe.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped and toasted almonds or pecans
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Spray a nonstick cookie sheet flexible with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, and salt to a heavy-bottomed 3-quart pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat and stir constantly until the candy has reached 290F to 300F, or “hard crack” on a candy thermometer.
- Once the candy has reached 290°F to 300°F, quickly remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract and pour onto a cookie sheet and spread and gently Drop the cookie sheet a couple of times on the counter to level and even out the toffee.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the toffee and let the chocolate chips melt for about 5 mins, then gently spread the softened chocolate over toffee in an even layer
- Top the cup of Chopped Nuts Evenly of chelate layer and let cool completely.
- Tweak the cookie sheet to release the toffee from the cookie sheet
- Use a knife to gently break it into smaller pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place to keep moisture away.
We’re here for you. Kearley & Company is just a phone call, email, or text away. We assist organizations of all sizes by developing marketing and communications strategies that work. Our team can help bring new ideas to the table while helping ensure your plan is on track to deliver results.